We don’t need to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to a third-rate lawyer to discover that we help ourselves when we help and support each other. It’s time to join friends, neighbors, and other patriots in this battle to keep our country a democracy. We do this together. Because together, we are Indivisible.
This is what democracy looks like.
Are you ready to make a difference?
Looking for a way to change the world?
Have you seen our calendar?
Indivisible Sonoma County collaborates with other Indivisible groups and resistance organizations around the county and throughout California to expand the ways you can help us make a difference and vote people into Congress who will protect our democracy. And we put all those opportunities on our calendar. Easy to use, and easy to find some ways to resist.
What got you started?
Was it indignation? Anger? Frustration?
Perhaps you were fed up with all the scandal, or concerned as you saw this administration - the Republican leadership in the House and Senate - ramp up their attacks on our basic liberties.
Anger isn’t enough to keep you volunteering. It’s the success you feel when your Senator changes her viewpoint and bravely states that she will vote NO. It’s the positive reaction you get at someone’s door who felt they were the only ones feeling frightened about the changes in our country.
It’s the camaraderie you experience when you join dozens of strangers as they write postcards to voters, and leave with dozens of new friends who share your values.
We are not alone. So many others in our neighborhoods have realized that the only way to preserve our liberties - and ensure that those liberties are available to all - is to take a stand. And then take control.
This week you can join us in taking a stand by sending texts, writing postcards, and making phone calls. And by sustaining that blue wave, we will take control!
- Write some postcards with your friends in OFA on Monday evening.
- Join an OFA texting party on Tuesday afternoon. You will be trained.
- Learn about all those ballot measures with the League of Women Voters on Wednesday.
- Grab a pizza for lunch on Thursday and join others making postcards for voters.
- Take a drive to Healdsburg on Thursday evening for more activities, or join a phone bank (scroll down) in Santa Rosa.
- Invite a friend to head to Occidental on Friday to listen to Daniel Ziblatt talk about his book “How Democracies Die” And if you haven’t read it yet, this might be a good time to pick up your copy.
- Spend the weekend helping to canvass in CA-04 with Swing Left.
Want to work from home? You can send postcards to newly-registered voters in CA-23, urging them to turn out for the primary. Just contact our postcard volunteer, Jack (email@example.com). And if you feel like taking on that candidate in CA-08 who lies and misleads (in my opinion), you call also let Jack know that. He’s got a list for you.
And if you are too busy this week for postcards and phonebanks, check out our calendar! There are new opportunities every week.
And don’t forget to call your member of Congress. Use our scripts:
Phone Scripts 5.14-5.16.2018
Sign up for Amplify (see below) or maybe join a texting party (see above on Tuesday).
We cannot take back our country unless we all work together.
Have you joined Amplify?
This app for your smart phone makes using our scripts super easy.
To join our team on Amplify:
1. Install the app for iPhone or Android
From your cell phone, go to: getamplify.org/install
2. Sign up for a new account
3. Search for us by name or enter code: 550-532-372