1. Take Action.
This week while the Senate is on recess we are urge you to read all you can about the Trump Tax Scam. We’ve been talking about Not One Penny for a while, but the reality is the budget resolution PASSED the House this week so we must turn our attention to the Senate. We ask you to do three things:
- View and share our locally produced ‘Protect Our Programs’ video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/yhyj4ZXXL7M
- Read this to see how this budget abandons us: https://democrats-budget.house.gov/publications/report/republican-budget-abandons-american-families
- Write a personal letter to both Senator Feinstein and Senator Harris and tell them why Medicaid, Medicare and other basic programs mean so much to you and your family! Really, do it now. You can find their contact information on our MoC contact page: https://www.indivisiblesoco.com/moc-info/
In an equally important action, those who want to ensure that Americans get covered by the ACA, we urge you check out https://getamericacovered.org/resources/. Start by sharing key information on Twitter or Facebook, and with your friends and family who need to get signed up soon. Enrollment starts on 11/1.
2. Use our Scripts.
This week our Phone Scripts are strong on key issues like Trump’s tax scam, the DREAM Act, Children’s Health Insurance, Puerto Rico, and gun regulation. After failing to repeal the Affordable Care Act outright, the Administration is continuing to do everything in its power to undermine the ACA and endanger the healthcare of millions. They’ve cut outreach and refuse to guarantee that they’ll continue to make subsidy payments, which will cause insurers to spike premiums as a precaution. Now in addition they’ll remove the requirement to provide birth control coverage from health plans.
3. Go to Trainings,
Events and Meetings. Did you know that Indivisible National has Facebook Live events every Monday evening? Tune in to Facebook Live on MONDAY 10/9 at 8:30 PM ET/5:30 PM PT
This week, the Team discusses the latest details of Trump’s Tax Scam and how you can stop this bill just like you stopped TrumpCare!
For more Indivisible Sonoma County events, including our next General Meeting on 10/23, Click our Master Calendar here: https://www.indivisiblesoco.com/events/?view=calendar&month=October-2017
For more on Indivisible Sonoma County and what’s goin' on locally, check out our lively social media channels:
- Check us out on Facebook - IndivisibleSonomaCounty
- Tweet to us on Twitter - @IndivisibleSoCo
- See fun photos on Instagram - indivisible_sonoma
- Sign up on getamplify.org with code: 550-532-372
Sign up on getamplify.org with code: 550-532-372