Fight back against the Republican Agenda and win - again - the fight to keep affordable medical insurance. This is your chance, once again, to help save the country.
The Tax Scam is not a done deal - we have the time and energy to continue resisting this terrible plan, and to urge our Senators and Representatives to resist! It’s time to make calls. And we need to act immediately, so don’t put this off.
Instructions for making calls to members of the California delegation (using OFAs tool):
1. Click one of the links below to access the Virtual Phone Bank:
D-10 - Denman - English
CD 21 - Valadao - English
CD 25 - Knight
CD 39 - Royce
CD 45 - Walters
2. If it is your first time calling, go to step 3. If already registered, go to step 6.
3. Register to make calls by clicking the "Click Here to Register" button below the green "Log In" button.
4. Enter all required fields including: first name, last name, email address and zip code. Hit the green "Save" button to continue.
5. Once saved, you will be returned to the log in page.
6. Enter the email address used to register, phone bank password "resist" and chose "Call4ACA" or “OFA” as the organization from the dropdown.
7. Click 'Log In" to start calling.
8. Use your phone to dial the phone number listed on screen.
9. Script should automatically appear on screen if there is only one voter, if there is more than one voter click on the name of the person who answers, to see the script*.
10. Select appropriate non-contact and survey information. Click "End Call/Save Information" to end the call and save the information recorded. Repeat steps 8-10. *Please note that the Call Time has an important function, if it is longer than 10 minutes, the call is redirected back into the pool. If break is taken, be sure to log out and back in to ensure that all call information is saved.
Net neutrality will disappear unless we act! So let's follow John Oliver's instructions (which crashed the FCC website the last time this issue came up), and tell the agency we want equal access, and equal speed for everyone. Otherwise, the powers that be will decide what we get to see, and what we don't. Let's not let this happen. Do it now - takes less than five minutes.
⚡️Thanks to John Oliver there's a SUPER easy way to do this.⚡️
1. Go to gofccyourself.com
(The shortcut John Oliver made to the hard-to-find FCC comment page)
2. Next to the 17-108 link (Restoring Internet Freedom), click on "express"
3. Be sure to hit "ENTER" after you put in your name & info so it registers.
4. In the comment section write, "I strongly support net neutrality backed by Title 2 oversight of ISPs."
5. Click to submit, done. - Make sure you hit submit at the end!
Phone Bank for Doug Jones
SIGNUP for texting or phone banking to get out the vote for Tuesday's special election in the Alabama Senate race!
You can sign up here to textbank OR phonebank for Doug Jones. (You don't have to phonebank if you don't want to.) Textbanking is easy. The recipients don't get your actual cell phone number. You use an app called Hustle from either your phone or your laptop.
Our phone calls clearly make a difference, so it's time to increase the pressure. As Republicans rush to finish their tax plan, a USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll, released on Sunday, showed that only 32 percent of Americans support the Republican tax plan, with more than half predicting it would not lower tax bills for their families or help the economy in a major way. The people are right and the GOP is wrong. Please keep calling and let our MoCs know you oppose this bill.
Time to make some calls (Phone Scripts 12.11 - 12.13.17). Use the web or Amplify.
Sausalito December Un-meeting Meeting
-> Tuesday, December 19, 2017
7:00 PM 10:00 PM
333 Caledonia Street, Studio 333 Sausalito, CA, 94965 (map)
Join us at a pot-luck, BYOB, relaxed gathering with your fellow community members in an unstructured, end of year gathering of solidarity and friendship where action items are limited only to those which involve FUN (or finding Lisa's perpetually lost pens).
Hosted by Indivisible Sausalito, open to any and all who wish to attend. SHARE!!!
Make certain you put our next General Meeting on your calendar!
-> Monday, January 22, 2018
6:00 PM 8:00 PM
Stony Point United Methodist Church
2150 Giffen Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA, 95407 (map)