INDIVISIBLE EAST BAY put together an excellent list of resources on their site to help in the recovery from the recent fires. Below is some of the information. To see their complete list, go to:

List of Phone Numbers

  • FEMA Disaster Assistance: 800-621-3362 —(TTY) 800-462-7585—711 or Video Relay Service 800-621-3362
  • SAMHSA Helpline (trained crisis counselor): 800-985-5990
  • California’s CalFresh (also known as SNAP/Food Stamps/EBT):  to replace EBT card, call 877-328-9677 or contact your local county social services worker.
  • Free food for fire victims: (707) 523-7903 or 707-523-7900
  • Health Care Help Center (DMHC): 888-466-2219—877-688-9891 TDD
  • Free Legal Assistance Hotline: 415-575-3120
  • Advice for Renters: CA Department of Consumer Affairs’ Information Center: 800- 952-5210—TDD 800-326-2297
  • Get Your US Mail: 800-275-8777
  • U.S Government information specialists: 844-872-4681
  • Mortgage Forbearance: 800-569-4287
  • CA Department of Insurance: 800-927-4357
  • IRS: 866-562-5227
  • State Tax Extensions and Deductions: 800-852-5711
  • Contractors State License Board Disaster Hotline: 800-962-1125

Property Tax Relief:

  • Butte: 530-538-7721
  • Lake: 707-263-2302
  • Napa: 707-253-4466
  • Mendocino: 707-234-6800
  • Sonoma: 707-565-1888
  • Yuba: 530-749-7820

Temporary Housing Assistance

FEMA offers Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA) to applicants who are unable to return to their pre-disaster, primary residence because their home is either uninhabitable or inaccessible due to the wildfires. TSA is intended to reduce the number of disaster survivors in shelters by transitioning survivors into short-term accommodations. Eligible individuals have registered for federal disaster assistance and are notified by telephone call, text and/or e-mail.

FEMA is eager to expand the options to survivors authorized to participate in the Transitional Sheltering Assistance (TSA) program that pays hotels and motels directly for rooms and taxes for individuals and families who cannot return to their homes. The list of currently eligible properties is found at

Hotels, motels and other lodging establishments must enroll in the Emergency Lodging Services program with Corporate Lodging Consultants (CLC) to appear on the list of hotels available to applicants in the FEMA TSA Program.

If hotels, motels and other lodging establishments are interested in participating in the TSA program, they will find relevant information at or by calling the CLC Hotel Support Line at 1-866-545-9865.

Airbnb is also helping to connect folks who want to open up their homes to evacuees:

To see their complete list, go to: