How to Join Indivisible
There's no formal joining process in Indivisible; if you're a person who is taking action to resist the Trump agenda, you've already joined!
To take action now:
- Know who your members of Congress are and how to contact them.
- Communicate to your members of Congress. If you're not sure what to say, check out our most recent action alerts and other scripts. Modify them for your personal use and communicate to your member of Congress by your preferred method—phone, email, app, or letter.
- Then, if you want, let us know that you took action by sending us a report. We're keeping track so we know how much of an impact we're having.
To meet or socialize with others in Indivisible Sonoma County:
- Fill out our Volunteer Interest Form and we will contact you about opportunities to contribute your time to Indivisible Sonoma County.
- Understand that we are an inclusive group that welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our only requirements for membership are active opposition to Trump’s policies, and respect for our Code of Conduct. Which is, in short:
- Respect other members’ privacy
- Be patient
- Be respectful
- Be welcoming
- Be courteous to Congressional staffers
- Sign up to get periodic action alerts in your email. Currently these are going out twice per week. The emails include action alerts, phone scripts, and news of upcoming large group events hosted by IndySoCo.
- Follow or like our public Facebook page.
- Join our closed Facebook group.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Come to a meeting or other event. Not required, but a great opportunity to meet face to face!
To learn more about the Indivisible movement:
Read the Indivisible Guide for more information on the basic strategy of Indivisible.