There’s a lot of noise. And that noise can distracts us from the important issues. Let’s all pay attention.
• The families are not reunited.
• Congress is not working toward a sensible immigration policy, or toward helping the DREAMers.
• The Supreme Court nominee remains at issue, especially since the current President’s involvement with Russia seems every more treasonous.
• Congress is not addressing gun violence.
Call. Do it every day.
Say It: Trump and the Republicans are Betraying America!
Hi, my name is _______ and I’m a constituent from zip code______ and a member of Indivisible. I’m calling to ask [the MoC] denounce the complicit Republicans in Congress. Each Senator and Representative who stays quiet, or is ‘satisfied’ with the Republican President’s lies, is complicit.
Republicans, despite their faint protests, are doing nothing to stop the current president. Our nation has never been more shamed and has rarely been in as grave a danger.
This is no time for carefully worded condemnations. [The MoC] must name this forcefully for all to hear: this is betrayal. And only Congress can address it quickly.
Reunite the Children NOW!
Hi, my name is _______ and I’m a constituent from zip code______ and a member of Indivisible. I’m calling to ask [the MoC] to demand that the Trump regime reunite all separated migrant children with their parents immediately.
The federal judge who ordered the families reunited has lost patience. So have I.
Excuses waste our time.The [Senator / Representative] should continue to reject them and get this problem solved.
NO on Brett Kavanaugh
Hi, my name is _______ and I’m a constituent from zip code______ and a member of Indivisible. I’m calling to ask [the MoC] to oppose the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
• Kavanaugh has argued that presidents should not be distracted by potential criminal investigations, even if they happen to be the subject of those investigations.
• As the Mueller investigation will likely bring up issues that will require a decision by the Supreme Court, the Republican President should not be able to select someone who will be making that decision.
• Kavanaugh voted for the minority position that would have denied an undocumented immigrant access to reproductive health care.
• Kavanaugh has indicated that a ban on assault weapon sales to the general public is unconstitutional, and he is firmly supported by the NRA.
• Also, he was selected from a list of judges compiled by the Heritage Foundation - a seriously conservative think tank determined to overturn Roe v. Wade, Civil Rights and Voting Rights laws, and Health Care.
He must not be allowed to judge Trump, who is under criminal investigation. Kavanaugh would be a disastrous justice. VOTE NO.