This week, we continue to fight the Graham-Cassidy healthcare bill. No vote has been scheduled yet but the Senate has until Saturday, September 30, before budget reconciliation rules expire and the vote threshold in the Senate goes up to 60. Even with a few Republicans indicating a “no” vote, this fight is not over! Here are three action steps you can take this week:
1. Check out Hubdialer for peer-to-peer phone calls
Indivisible National has access to the Hubdialer tool to make peer-to-peer phone calls in battleground healthcare states like Alaska and West Virginia. Call one or a dozen of our fellow Resistance fighters to remind them to call their senators. Please click here and make some calls from home this week! https://www.trumpcareten.org/calls-to-kill-trumpcare
2. Come to San Francisco Monday at noon, sit-in, share resources and eat some pizza
Indivisible Sonoma County and Indivisible Sausalito have organized one of 60 actions across the nation to show up at Senate offices and say that the Graham-Cassidy bill will hurt our friends, our families, and our country. We know Senator Feinstein will vote ‘No’ — and we urge her to use her influence to call out the Republicans who still support the bill. Attend this event and show your constituent power. Meet us at 1 Post Street, bring signs, sit-in starts at noon. And there will be FREE pizza! Join the National Day of Action to #KillTheBill.
3. Watch the hearing and/or the Town Hall on television Monday
Background on the bill:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services analysis shows 31 states losing federal funding, per the Washington Post
- National Association of Medicaid Directors letter to Congress (PDF) indicating that states would be unable to successfully implement the proposed changes within the legislation's time frame.